Plainview ISD values strong communication with members of the community, including parents and other district stakeholders.
The Media & Communications Department uses a variety of methods to strengthen and promote communication including printed and electronic newsletters, information shared at committee meetings and with community groups, School Messenger notification system for families and staff, special events highlighting the district and its schools, the Plainview ISD website, social media, publications, and local media including radio, cable television and the Plainview Herald.
In addition to coordinating many of these communication methods, the Media & Communication Office serves as the point of contact for media requests.
Communications Department Responsibilities
Media/ Press Releases
Communications Department Goals
- Provide great customer service to all patrons, staff and students
- Build strong relationships with individuals and organizations through various communication and public relations efforts vital to the district’s growth, development and success
- Provide up-to-date news on district events, issues and news through all district communications
- Maintain honest and open communication aimed at building trust and credibility with the district’s key internal and external stakeholders
- Keep the community informed about the great things going on in Plainview ISD schools
- Support all departments, schools and staff to ensure every child receives the best education possible
- Stay up-to-date on the latest and best communications practices through networking and professional organizations
Contact: (806) 293-6103